Beautiful Buttonholes & Perfect Pockets
17 to 22 September 2018
Tutorials available to Guild members only
Login to the ASG website and go to Documents and Resources. Type "Butthonholes" in the Search field.
NOTE: Tutorials will be on the website after 22/09/2018
This is another 'techniques' Sew-Along. You won't be making any garments; instead you will create a portfolio of samples which you can refer to when you get brave enough to try the techniques in the real thing.
The Sew-Along will be run over 6 days with just small bites each day to keep the stress levels down.
ASG members only. Register by emailing email@example.com with name and member number. Instructions will be emailed to you daily, commencing 17th September.
At the end of the Sew-Along you will have created:
- a rectangular and a triangular bound buttonhole (and learned how to finish the facing on the inside of the garment)
- a single welt pocket
- a double welt pocket
- a curved welt pocket
- a patch pocket attached with invisible stitching
- fabric for all samples (calico highly recommended)
- lining or cotton batiste/cotton voile for pocket bags
- silk organza for buttonholes (only very small amount required, approx 8 inch square)
- light-weight interfacing
- fine-tip marking pen (frixion pen recommended)
- small scissors with sharp point
- needle for hand sewing
- machine needle - Universal 80/12
- grid ruler marked in inches (6" ruler is big enough)