Cosmetic Bag & Lipstick Holder
Tutorials available FREE to Guild members only
Purchase this tutorial for $11 AUD
A cosmetic bag with a difference. The fold-out flap has pockets for storing your makeup brushes. The matching lipstick holder is a compact size that slips inside the cosmetic bag....or lives in your handbag. It holds 3 tubes of lipstick and a lip liner pencil. The mesh pocket is perfect for a folding mirror.
Dimensions of cosmetic bag:
- approx. 25 cm wide x 15 cm high x 11 cm deep (at base)
- fold-out flap measures 21 cm wide x 28 cm long
Dimensions of lipstick holder:
- 10 cm wide x 12 cm high (closed)
- 10 cm wide x 35 cm long (open)
The challenge is to make this in vinyl or oilcloth. The items in the above photo were made from Mexican Oilcloth purchased from Me Too Please (ASG Industry Partner). This material wipes clean with a damp cloth so your bag will always be pristine, inside and out. If you prefer, you can make the bag exterior from fabric and line it with vinyl/oilcloth. The instructions will provide information for both options.
- Exterior fabric - 50 cm (fabric width 112 cm)
- Lining fabric - 50 cm (fabric width 112 cm)
- Medium weight iron-on interfacing such as Craft Fuse 808 (if using fabric for exterior of bag) - 50 cm
- #5 zipper - 30 cm long
- Fold-over elastic - 32 cm
- Mesh - 16 cm x 10 cm
- 2 magnetic snaps (18mm recommended but feel free to use whatever size you have in your stash)
- Wonder clips (or similar) - if working with vinyl/oilcloth you should not use pins
- Teflon foot or roller foot. These will give the best results, but other options will be given for those who do not own one of these feet.