Cosmetic Bag & Lipstick Holder
5th to 8th March 2018
A cosmetic bag with a difference. The fold-out flap has pockets for storing your makeup brushes. The matching lipstick holder is a compact size that slips inside the cosmetic bag....or lives in your handbag. It holds 3 tubes of lipstick and a lip liner pencil. The mesh pocket is perfect for a folding mirror.
This Sew-Along is open to both ASG members and non-members.
No need to register. Just check here on Day 1 to pick up your pattern and instructions.
Each day more instructions will be posted.
Dimensions of cosmetic bag:
- approx. 25 cm wide x 15 cm high x 11 cm deep (at base)
- fold-out flap measures 21 cm wide x 28 cm long
Dimensions of lipstick holder:
- 10 cm wide x 12 cm high (closed)
- 10 cm wide x 35 cm long (open)
The challenge is to make this in vinyl or oilcloth. The items in the above photo were made from Mexican Oilcloth purchased from Me Too Please (ASG Industry Partner). This material wipes clean with a damp cloth so your bag will always be pristine, inside and out. If you prefer, you can make the bag exterior from fabric and line it with vinyl/oilcloth. The supply list and instructions will provide information for both options.
- Exterior fabric - 50 cm (fabric width 112 cm)
- Lining fabric - 50 cm (fabric width 112 cm)
- Medium weight iron-on interfacing such as Craft Fuse 808 (if using fabric for exterior of bag) - 50 cm
- #5 zipper - 30 cm long
- Fold-over elastic - 32 cm
- Mesh - 16 cm x 10 cm
- 2 magnetic snaps (18mm recommended but feel free to use whatever size you have in your stash)
- Wonder clips (or similar) - if working with vinyl/oilcloth you should not use pins
- Teflon foot or roller foot. These will give the best results, but other options will be given for those who do not own one of these feet.
One lucky person will win a set of Klasse machine needles. To be eligible to win you must:
- Be a member of the Australian Sewing Guild AND
- Submit a photo of your finished project by midnight, 31st March 2018.
Photo can be posted to the AUSSEW-Along Facebook group or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be selected by random draw on 1st April 2018 and notified the same day.
10 Assorted Klasse needle packs in a tin. Tin dimensions 5.1"x3.4"x1.25".
- Universal Assorted 5 pack - 2 size 70/10, 2 size 80/12, 1 size 90/14 needles
- Stretch Assorted 5 pack - 3 size 75/11, 2 size 90/14 needles
- Ball Point Assorted 5 pack - 2 size 70/10, 2 size 80/12, 1 size 90/14 needles
- Jeans Assorted 5 pack - 3 size 90/14, 2 size 100/16 needles
- Sharps Assorted 5 pack - 1 size 60/8, 2 size 70/10, 2 size 80/12 needles
- Leather Assorted 5 pack - 3 size 90/14, 2 size 100/16 needles
- Metallic 5 pack - 5 size 80/12 needles
- Embroidery Assorted 5 pack - 3 size 75/11, 2 size 90/14 needles
- Twin Universal 1 pack size 1.6mm/80
- Twin Embroidery 1 pack size 3.0mm/75