Sew-Along for ASG Members
Tutorials available to Guild members only!
Login to the ASG website and go to Documents and Resources. Type "Heirloom Cushion" in the Search field.
Make this delightful cushion cover, employing heirloom techniques with precision sewing.
You will create the unique design feature by sewing 'notched tucks'. This is an exercise in precision marking and sewing. Further enhance your cushion cover with lace insertions, a technique used in heirloom sewing.
This Sew-Along is for ASG members only. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and member number. Instructions will be emailed to you each day for 5 days.
Sew-Along starts 1st November 2016
- Approximately 1.3 metres fabric. For best results, choose a crisp fabric with a close weave (i.e. one that does not fray excessively). It needs to press well and hold a sharp crease.
- 3 metres Swiss embroidered insertion lace (see picture for example). The lace must have the insertion strips either side of the embroidery.
- 4 buttons, approx. 2 cm diameter
- Fine tipped marking pen - water soluble or frixion (erases with heat)
- Small scissors with sharp point
- Edge Stitching foot. Depending on your brand of sewing machine, the foot may look a bit different. The important bit is the guide at the centre of the foot.
- Lots of patience!